If you are an organization that provides Housing Help, become a member today to enjoyIf you are an organization that provides Housing Help, become a member today to enjoybenefits like:
- Province-wide Support and Coordination
- Promotion of Housing Help Services
- Public Education Materials and Campaigns
- Research and Policy Development
- Professional Development & Training
- Networking and Peer Support
- Government Relations
The HHAO is an association of agencies that provide Housing Help services in Ontario. To join the association as a full or associate member, you must be authorized to purchase membership and endorse the HHAO mission and principles (listed below) on behalf of your organization.
Housing Help Association of Ontario (HHAO) – Click here for a complete list of our membership
The Housing Help Association of Ontario (HHAO) increases Housing Help service as a recognizable identity, in order to strengthen homelessness prevention work for people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness across the province.
Core Housing Help Services:
- Housing access, stabilization and eviction prevention
- Housing support and homelessness prevention funds
- Advocacy or referral assistance
- Professional Development
- Networking & Training
- Resource Development & Distribution
- Public Education Materials & Campaigns
- Policy Development & Government Relations
Full Member (Voting)
- Each full member shall endorse mission and principles.
- Each full member shall provide core Housing Help services as defined in principles AND
- Each full member shall operate through a community-based non profit delivery model.
Full Member (Voting)
- Endorse mission and principles.
- Provide some core Housing Help Services as defined in principles OR
- Other sector partners, community-based agencies or individuals that do not provide core Housing Help support services AND
- Have an agency governance structure different than community-based non profit.
- Associate members have all the rights of Full Members excluding voting and nomination rights.
Membership is per agency, and fees are based on number of full-time equivalent staff in your housing program. Yearly membership shall be valid from April 1 to March 31 of the following year.
|Number of FTE or Housing Program||Full Membership||Associate Membership|
|0.1 - 1.9 FTE||$50/year||$100|
|2.0 - 4.9 FTE||$100/year||$100|
|5.0 - 9.9 FTE||$200/year||$100|